A front of house focussed Catering Manager required for one of our B&I contracts in Leicester.
You'll oversee the day to day running of the staff restaurant offering a breakfast, lunch and evening service as well as vending & hospitality.
The site is open 247, however this is a Monday - Friday position!Package description
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent. That's why we offer a number of courses and qualifications for our talented Managers. For our future stars, we have The Academy and Accelerate programmes which will equip you for a career in Catering Management. For established managers, we have our Evolve programme which will hone your existing skills and add to your managerial capabilities. We’re also Edexcel approved, so you can be sure you are getting the best training available to you. So whether you are a Future Star with big aspirations or an established High Performer with a proven track record - there is a development plan for you. If this isn’t enough, we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.Main responsibilities
- Ambitious and commercially aware Manager with the presence and personality to influence the day to day business
- You'll maximise the performance of your team, leading by example and setting high standards at all times
- Continually looking at ways to help drive the sales on site but remaining within the set brief
- Initially improve standards and maintain a high standard going forward
- Have a 'hands on' approach
- Building excellent stakeholder relationships
- Previous catering experience is essential, ideally within a B&I environment
- Must have a proven culinary background
- Sound knowledge of Hygiene, Health & Safety
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Sales driven and can think outside the box
- Eye for detail
- Previous people management experience
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Computer literate
- A 'Can do' attitude
Eurest, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, prides itself on leading the market in creating contemporary foodservice solutions for business and workplace industry clients. We bring great service and exceptional culinary creativity and flair to employee restaurants, delis, cafes and executive dining rooms; from the tea-room to the board room and everything in between.
Compass Group UK & Ireland is part of Compass Group PLC, a world-leading food and support services company. We specialise in providing food and a range of support services across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Healthcare & Seniors, Education, Defence, Offshore & Remote, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility