Retail & Leisure Manager
As Retail & Leisure Manager, you'll plan, organise and coordinate all retail activity across the two high profile Windsor Defence sites; Victoria Barracks and Combermere Barracks.
This is an excellent opportunity for those who have authentic leadership in addition to merchandising and marketing within the retail sector, as working hours are much 'kinder'; than the norm! You are required to work core hours Monday to Friday and only occasional weekends when there are Open Days, Family Fun Days and Cadet Days.
You'll be working with a great team who achieve financial targets and a client who is truly open to working in partnership to grow the retail offer at both sites.
We are a key partner to the Ministry of Defence, running services at major UK and overseas military bases which improve quality of life for our military personnel. The impact of change and uncertainty as consolidation occurs throughout the armed forces, set against a backdrop of today’s rapidly changing world, makes the preservation of high standards even more important than ever. We are dedicated to delivering the best quality as well as cost-efficiency in the delivery of infrastructure, facilities management, catering, retail and leisure services to the armed forces community
We’re proud that our work has a significant bearing on morale, retention and recruitment.Package description
Competitive salary of £22,500 plus benefits including bonus, pension, option to 'buy' flexible benefits such as holidays, healthcare etc, in addition to discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains, retail outlets and days out through Sodexo Discounts where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbusterMain responsibilities
- Plan, organise and coordinate all retail activity
- Manage and supervise the day to day activities of the retail shops
- Drive retail performance through adherence to all promotional activity and marketing initiatives
- Ensure standards of service detailed in the service level agreement and within the schedules of the contractual terms and conditions are achieved, maintained and developed
- Grow services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control in line with Sodexo expectations
*please see attached job description belowIdeal candidate
- Proven experience of 'sale and display' including stock management/rotation, cash control, customer service, merchandising and marketing
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company - Retail outlet experience within contract management highly advantageous
- Proven experience of building and managing client relationships
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Able to analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- IOSH qualification or equivalent
- Experience of working in a military environment
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.