Head Chef – Chigwell
Up to £30,000
Fantastic Opportunity-Prestigious Independent School
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. You will be part of a team that supports high quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and staff. You will be a key part of a team who have a passion for preparing food on a daily basis using fresh ingredients. It all starts with enjoyment-great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really enjoy.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Head Chef to join our catering team at this prestigious Independent School.
We are looking for someone that can help drive our food offer forward working alongside the General Manager.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
- The Head Chef will plan and organise the preparation and cooking of food for functions and events ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Support the existing team in food production covering pupil and staff feeding by providing advice, expertise and innovation
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- The Head Chef will also be required to provide function costs to facilitate budgetary control
- Act as duty manager overseeing pupil feeding
- Act as host for key functions
- Proven experience in a role as Head Chef being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for large numbers but at the same time making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Have a ‘big personality’ .Great people skills and be able to develop, train and inspire a large team.
- Have a real passion for food and customer service along with bags of enthusiasm.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.