The Headland Hotel & Spa
As we commence our journey to becoming 5 Star, we are looking to grow our current Front of House team by recruiting an enthusiastic and friendly Doorman, to deliver a 5* highly professional yet personal service to each and every guest.
A privately owned 4 Silver Star hotel; with 96 bedrooms and 39 five star self-catering cottages, plus a superb 5 bubble rated Spa.
The Headland Hotel and Spa, Cornwall’s most iconic hotel, sits gracefully perched on the edge of the vibrant town of Newquay overlooking the world famous Fistral Beach, with an eclectic mix of guests from laid back surfers to busy executives. A strong ethos of investment, customer care and personal development has been the keystone to the hotel’s success in recent years.
Primary Responsibilities of a Doorman:
- Greeting all guests in a friendly and courteous manner, assisting with luggage and porterage and directing them to the Reception desk
- Familiarising yourself with the guests needs and requirements in order to ensure guest satisfaction and a flawless experience at The Headland
- Performing tasks as delegated by the Concierge/Front of House Operations Manager; demonstrating a high standard of personalised, friendly and professional service at all times
- Ensuring the smooth flow of traffic outside the main hotel entrance, prohibiting unauthorised vehicles from parking at the entrance
- Demonstrating a genuine interest in our guests from the second they arrive until the moment they depart
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A genuine passion for personalised customer service; personality is key to this role
- A natural ability to anticipate guest’s needs; ensuring a flawless, memorable experience for every guest
- The ability to multi task and remain calm and composed, even during the busiest of shifts
- Previous experience in a customer facing role within a 4/5* hotel
Recent Awards & Recognition
- We are proud to be one of only 50 hotels in the UK to be awarded 4 Silver Stars by The AA (84% AA merit score). We are very excited to now be striving for 5 Star!
- We are delighted to have recently received our second AA rosette for dining
- Chosen to be the host of the Cornwall Tourism Awards for 5 years running, we are exceptionally proud to have received Gold for Self-Catering Provider of the Year, Silver for Large Hotel of the Year and Silver for Spa & Well-being Experience at the most recent awards night in 2016
- 2016 was a particularly fantastic year for us, as we were voted by The Caterer as one of the best places to work in hospitality
- We were also overjoyed to become a member of the prestigious ‘Pride of Britain’ collection of hotels. “It’s such a wonderful achievement for us to have been recognised as a hotel serving such high levels of hospitality that we can sit among this exceptional collection of properties.” – Darryl Reburn, General Manager
What we can offer you...
- Membership of the staff and friends dining and accommodation scheme
- Membership of the Leisure Area and Gym at a discounted rate
- Staff meals whilst on duty
- A long service scheme including an extra day of holiday once you have completed just one year of service
- Opportunities to learn and progress, ensuring that you have an unforgettable journey with The Headland too!
How to apply