Retail Manager - London
ExCel is the UK’s leading convention and exhibition centre. We cater for over 300 events per year, meeting a hugely diverse range of requirements. From a fine dining experience for thousands of delegates, to an on-the-go lunch for an exhibitor team, we operate on all scales with outstanding care in every service area. Our business is growing and we are creating new and exciting possibilities every day through our partnership with our client, event organisers and exhibitors.
We have recently completed a major project where we opened 2 new restaurants and refurbished and rebranded new ‘food to go’ offerings alongside delivering a great mix of retail ‘in-hall’ catering solutions.Package description
£30,000 per annum.
To work 5 out of 7 days, in line with business needs but predominantly daytimes.Main responsibilities
We are now looking for a Retail Manager, used to high volumes and fast paced environments to support the Senior Retail Operations Manager in overseeing our Retail offer. As Retail Manager your focus will vary depending on the day and event and could therefore oversee our restaurants, outlets or in hall offer which is bespoke to a client’s request. You will need to be enthusiastic and passionate, demonstrating strong attention to detail whilst also being innovative and able to offer ideas and solutions.
- To support the Retail team and inspire them to deliver exceptional service to our clients and guests through the Levy Difference
- To support and lead the Retail staff and managers to ensure operational excellence and efficiency at all times aiming to exceed the client and guest expectations.
- To review the Retail business and performance and ensure delivery of key financial targets and customer feedback targets of 90%
- To support the Retail team in continual development of the business using new products, service techniques and other efficiencies.
- To demonstrate full alignment to our Levy Restaurants vision and values by doing the right things and celebrating successes
- Living the Levy Difference in everything we do.
- Lead the day to day Retail operation for event days.
- Lead the setup and clear down on non-event days
- Retail Management experience to inspire operational teams to deliver results
- Confidently able to manage a mixed portfolio of outlets across both event catering and fixed units.
- Multi-site / outlet management ideal
- Positive and passionate focus on food.
- Comfortable working within brand guidelines to deliver results.
- Experience in fast paced food outlets.
- Excellent communications skills – able to influence all stakeholder levels.
- Experience of working with a client group.
- Demonstrates flexibility and agility.
- Calm and structured approach, coupled with resilience and problem-solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
About the company
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
Retail Manager, Concessions Manager, Retail Outlets Manager, Retail Operations Manager