Restaurant Manager 2 AA Rosette Restaurant
We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven Restaurant Manager to run our Samphire Restaurant (regularly serving 100 covers), hosting a multitude of events, weddings, conferences and prestigious award ceremonies and serving residential guests on inclusive terms.
The Restaurant Manager will be committed to leading and inspiring our dedicated Samphire Restaurant team to deliver the very best in service standards. This role would be the perfect stepping stone for someone aiming to be a Food & Beverage Manager in the future.
A privately owned 4 Silver Star hotel; with 96 bedrooms and 39 five star self-catering cottages, plus a superb 5 bubble rated Spa.
The Headland Hotel and Spa, Cornwall’s most iconic hotel, sits gracefully perched on the edge of the vibrant town of Newquay overlooking the world famous Fistral Beach, with an eclectic mix of guests from laid back surfers to busy executives. A strong ethos of investment, customer care and personal development has been the keystone to the hotel’s success in recent years.
- Leading and inspiring the Samphire team to ensure that guests’ expectations are exceeded at all times.
- Identifying and maximising sales opportunities.
- Undertaking a consistent approach in ensuring staffing levels are in accordance with business levels.
- Monitoring guest feedback and acting on it; dealing effectively with guest queries and complaints.
- Supporting and cooperating with all parts of the business.
- Understanding and continually controlling costs in your department (i.e. wage costs).
- Working closely with our talented Executive Head Chef to ensure guest satisfaction and a flawless experience in the Samphire Restaurant.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Have proven experience as a Restaurant Manager in a similar sized property.
- Be warm and professional, ensuring our guests receive genuine, personal, outstanding service at all times, even when under pressure.
- Have a natural ability to anticipate guest’s needs; ensuring a flawless, memorable experience in the Samphire Restaurant.
- Be able to communicate effectively with both our guests and your team.
- Be proactive and consistent in your approach to problem solving.
Recent Awards & Recognition
- We are delighted to have recently received our second AA rosette for dining.
- We are proud to be one of only 50 hotels in the UK to be awarded 4 Silver Stars by The AA (84% AA merit score). We are very excited to now be striving for the next level!
- Chosen to be the host of the Cornwall Tourism Awards for 5 years running, we are exceptionally proud to have received Gold for Self-Catering Provider of the Year, Silver for Large Hotel of the Year and Silver for Spa & Well-being Experience at the most recent awards night in 2016.
- We were the first business in Cornwall to be awarded Investors in People in 1992, in recognition of our learning and development opportunities for staff, maintaining Gold status in our most recent review.
- 2016 was a particularly fantastic year for us, as we were voted by The Caterer as one of the best places to work in hospitality.
- We were also overjoyed to become a member of the prestigious ‘Pride of Britain’ collection of hotels.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager who is dedicated and experienced within quality establishments. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to lead and manage a team, ensuring excellent customer service is provided at all times, whilst demonstrating a high level of attention to detail.
How to apply
Do you think you have what it takes? Email your CV to Carly Rundle, Assistant HR Manager at email@example.com. (A full job description can be provided on request).