Mess Manager (hospitality, food and beverage, hotel services)
As Mess Manager you'll take responsibility for the day to day management, co-ordination and control of all Mess activity, as set out in the contract, ensuring your team are engaged, motivated and getting the most from their roles.
You'll promote and manage functions including planning, menus and costing in conjunction with the catering team, ensuring standards of service are achieved, maintained and developed. Our functions range from BBQ's, to fine dining/high end dinners.
We are a key partner to the Ministry of Defence, running services at major UK and overseas military bases which improve quality of life for our military personnel. The impact of change and uncertainty as consolidation occurs throughout the armed forces, set against a backdrop of today’s rapidly changing world, makes the preservation of high standards even more important than ever. We are dedicated to delivering the best quality as well as cost-efficiency in the delivery of infrastructure, facilities management, catering, retail and leisure services to the armed forces community
We’re proud that our work has a significant bearing on morale, retention and recruitment.
Competitive salary of £23,000-£23.500 plus benefits including pension, bonus, option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays, healthcare etc
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbusterMain responsibilities
- Take responsibility for the day to day management, co-ordination and control of all Mess activity, as set out in the contract.
- Plan, organise and coordinate all function activity.ensuring the smooth running of the Mess to the benefit of all members and residents,
- Ensure that the Mess adheres to all Health and Safety, COSHH and Food Safety regulations
- Manage and lead the team; maintaining and develop a positive working culture and environment through effective leadership, communication and delegation
- Manage client and customer relationships and expectations
- Grow services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control in line with client and Sodexo expectations
*please see attached job description for further detailsIdeal candidate
- Previous experience of hospitality/food and beverage/hotel services sector, ideally in a similar role
- Proven experience of managing long-term client relationships
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team
- Proven ability to develop new business opportunities
- Financial and commercial acumen, able to control a budget
- Management knowledge of HSWA, IOSH and COSHH.
- Effective communications skills verbally and in writing
- Computer literate
- Qualification or relevant experience in Business Management.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.