Fantastic Opportunity-Prestigious Independent School
Chartwells Independent in Buckingham
40 Hours per Week
Circa £27,00 per annum Working Term Time Only
Chartwells Independent is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. We provide innovative catering, hospitality and food service by creating imaginative menus delivered with an exceptional service.
We know as a company that great food comes from great ingredients. Our Chefs use seasonal produce, adding their own individual creativity to let the food speak for itself. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a diverse range of cuisines that keep up to date with today’s trends ensuring we offer a great dining experience.
We nurture and develop our teams to enrich their skills which allows them to show their passion and inspiration that as a company we are proud encourage.Package description
You will be part of a team that supports high quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and staff.
You will be working within a team who share the same passion for preparing exciting fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis.
It all starts with enjoyment - great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really love.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Chef Manager to join our great team at this prestigious Independent School that can help further enhance our food offer working alongside the Regional Manager
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
- Manage the team to deliver an excellent catering service through great food and excellent customer service
- Assist the General Manager in the delivery of food innovation within the school
- You will ensure compliance with all statutory requirements
- Effective control of costs
- Introduction of new ideas to drive the service forward
- Develop the existing teams’ knowledge and skills.
- Develop an excellent client relationship
- Proven experience in a role as Chef Manager being able to demonstrate a track record of making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Have great people skills and able to communicate at all levels, lead, develop, train, motivate and inspire a large team.
- Show a real passion for food whilst demonstrating excellent customer service.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
Chartwells is part of the Compass Group UK and Ireland which is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.