Sous Chef - The Grill
- To assist the Executive Chef in the smooth running of the Grill/Dorchester Club Kitchen ensuring that all areas of the Kitchen are maintained to the Dorchester standards.
- Together with the Executive Chef or Executive Sous-Chef to supervise and co-ordinate the Grill/Dorchester Club Kitchen service with other Hotel departments.
- Together with the Executive Chef or Executive Sous-Chef to deal with staff queries, solving any problems concerning the Grill/Dorchester Club Kitchens.
- Together with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous-Chef is responsible for the direct supervision over all employees engaged in the Grill/Dorchester Club Kitchen.
- To write and check standard recipes for all dishes to ensure proper portion control, uniformity of taste and quality for approval of the Executive Chef.
- To write on a daily basis food requisitions and kitchen transfers (fridges and stores) in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in the Grill and Dorchester Club.
- To liaise with the Chief Steward to ensure that the high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the Grill/Dorchester Club Kitchen, such as machinery, small kitchen equipment, floors and fridges, to ensure a sufficient supply of china, etc. for the service and banqueting is available and to ensure the form for the following day is completed before 4pm.
- To plan rotas on a 2 weekly basis and to review on a daily basis with the Executive Chef, overtime, rotas and holiday requirements and absenteeism. Accidents and sickness to be written in the Accident Book according to Hotel Policy and Procedure and reported to the Executive Chef on a daily basis.
- To ensure that training for all Grill/Dorchester Club Kitchen staff, including apprentices is carried out as requested by the Executive Chef and to co-ordinate together with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous-Chef training sessions with Chefs de Partie, Commis Chefs and Apprentices in the Grill/Dorchester Club Kitchen operation.
- To check on a daily basis food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity inventories and portion control.
- In conjunction with the Executive Chef, plan menus and recipes and test samples.
- In conjunction with the Executive Chef, establish job methods and supervise on a regular basis, and correct if necessary, cooking standards: to maintain a high quality of food and service on daily basis.
- During service periods, to personally run the hot plate and help where needed and make sure that the presentation as well as quality of the food is correct and in accordance with the established standards.
- To inspect daily, all fresh food received to ensure the quality is maintained.
- City and Guilds 706/1/2/3 or similar qualification.
- Apprenticeship as chef followed by position as Commis Chef, Chef de Partie on all sections
- Very good knowledge of traditional, French and nouvelle cuisine, experience in large banquets, pastry work, kitchen administration and experience in a similar position for at least four years.
- Computer training, knowledge of French language, experience in chairing meetings, interviewing skills, First Aid training, a knowledge of Health and Safety regulations.
- Able to deal with day to day problems with the Department and other Departments re rotas, holidays, etc or clean silver, china supplies or food supplies
Health and Safety:
- To ensure that work is being conducted in a safe manner by all members in his/her section and that apparatus is used in the correct way and in keeping with Health and Safety regulations.
- Complimentary nights with breakfast within Dorchester Collection
- 50% F&B discount at selected restaurants at The Dorchester and Coworth Park
- Employee Introductory Scheme - £750.00
- Team members' awards and incentives schemes
- Contributory pension scheme entitlement from date of commencement
- Life assurance cover for all team members
- Uniform laundered complimentarily
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty at our team members' restaurants
- Complimentary Internet at allocated computers in team areas
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Occupational Health, including subsidised massage treatments and health clinics
- Complimentary Eye Test for VDU users