Chef De Rang
Job Title Chef de Rang
Location Auberge du Lac
Profile The Auberge du Lac restaurant overlooks the Broadwater with stunning views of Brocket Hall and it’s two championship golf courses. The main restaurant offers superb international cuisine, with fine wines from our extensive cellar. There are also four private dining rooms created to reflect the mood of the occasion, where guests can enjoy their chosen menu.
The Auberge du Lac is a unique showcase for a classic dining experience, offering formality and elegance with immaculate service.
Reports to Restaurant Manager, Assistant Manager
Liaises with Kitchen, Back of House, Reception
Job Purpose To provide a professional and courteous service to the standards as described in the Standard of Performance Manual.
• To ensure that the Policy & Procedure Manual including Standards of Performance for the outlet is fully understood and followed at all times;
• Active contribution to team building and teamwork is crucial;
• To attend daily pre-meal meetings as required;
• To be aware of and comply with all statutory requirements on health and safety and all aspects of the Restaurant’s Health & Safety Policy and fire and evacuation procedures;
• To uphold good housekeeping practices (ie. neat and correct storage) to ensure safe, clean and pleasant working environment;
• To ensure proper care of furniture, fixtures and equipment within the Restaurant, private rooms and back of house areas. Malfunctions/damages should be reported to the Head of Department;
• To have a thorough knowledge and ability to operate the point of sale system to ensure that accurate billing and cashing up, as well as balancing, is consistently maintained;
• To display positive sales techniques at all times;
• To refer all complaints to the Restaurant Manager;
• To assist in the preparation of the stocktaking of operating equipment and/or supplies within the restaurant when required;
• Participate in wine tastings;
• Participate in training courses as required;
Work Related Experience
• Experience in a restaurant of similar standard;
• A knowledge of culinary French is essential;
• A knowledge of classic and modern cuisine & wines;
• Knowledge of condiments and accompaniments.
• The ability to communicate effectively is imperative, and this must include:
o Kitchen and back of house;
o Clients, guests, business contacts and general public;
o Communicate clearly in English, both verbally & in writing.
• Must possess the desire to generate customer satisfaction
• Immaculate personal appearance is required
• Must have the ability to work in a pressurised environment
• A confident and professional approach is essential
This job description cannot be exhaustive due to the nature of the hospitality and leisure industry. Therefore the jobholder can be required from time to time to carry out additional tasks as requested by the Company.
Please see http://www.brocket-hall.co.uk to apply.