Portering Manager- Watford
5 days left
- Full Time
Portering Manager- Watford - £30K+bonus+benefits
Monday-Friday (Occasional Weekends as business required)
We have an exciting and rare opportunity for a hardworking and experienced Portering Manager to join us at Watford Hospital.
As the Portering Manager you will report into the Operations Manager and will manage a highly trained team to deliver an efficient and profitable portering service, within contract scope and Company policies, procedures and guidelines. You will be overseeing 4 areas; the helpdesk, department porters, Waste team and also the General pool.
What is on offer?
A supportive management system, a highly skilled team and a rewarding career path.
You will be able to make your mark in a business that is going through growth and transformation. Youwill be rewarded for your achievement and will be able to implement your own ideas. You will be supported to be a great Manager.
A highly competitive salary +bonus +benefits is on offer for the right person.
Parking is available on site.
Transport links are excellent.Main responsibilities
- Understand and deliver all contractual terms for Portering services
- Communicate any on site client changes in relation to Portering to line manager.
- Communicate regularly with client (as agreed)
- Action plans are completed following client satisfaction surveys
- Ensure that portering standards are high and impact on increase in positive patient satisfaction scores
- Identify any additional opportunities for the contract and discuss with line manager
- Action plans are completed following patient satisfaction surveys
- Analyse and manage effectively in unit cost in relation to the Portering service.
- Ensure full purchasing compliance of 89 6 5
- Ensure records for the portering service are accurately inputted and maintained
- All wastage is recorded and minimised
- Complete labour schedule within the labour budget
- Effectively minimise any agency and overtime spend
- Analyse and manage effectively in unit costs relating to portering
- Ensure budgets are understood and achieved Ensure all costs are managed effectively within budget
- To communicate site and company targets to portering team
- Team are supported, trained, coached and developed
- Labour turnover is monitored and team is fully recruited
- Support the succession planning process
- Ensure everyone is trained and adheres to all H&S and FS policies
- To encourage participation in ‘Your Voice’ and implement action plan
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
- Operational experience in a portering service
- Computer literate
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work to strict pressured deadlines
- Able to communicate at all levels
What else would enable the individual to meet the requirements of the role
- HND/Degree in Management
- Financial acumen
- Industry aware
Assertive, calm and works well under pressureAbout the company
Our company vision is Great People, Great service, Great Results. It’s a vision we hope you’ll share as it’s helped us to become a world class business, with over 50,000 people developing their careers with us, here in the UK alone. Join us and enjoy exceptional support, variety and opportunity.
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success, that's why we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.
So if you are looking for the opportunity to achieve your full potential in a team that is focused on great people and great service, we'd love to hear from you.For more information about this role or working at Compass Group please contact Hannah Heuston- email@example.com.