We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Retail Supervisor to lead a team of Retail Service Assistants and ensure high standards of restaurant and retail services are achieved within designated locations on site at Central Manchester Hospital.
You will provide a retail service to patients, visitors and clients visiting the hospital whilst ensuring your team follow the correct health and safety procedures and hygiene polices.
If you are customer focused with proven retail experience, have good leadership qualities and can motivate a team and can communicate effectively with diverse patients, visitors and employees – this is a fantastic opportunity for you!Package description
37.5 hours per week, flexible to meet business requirements when necessary.Main responsibilities
- Ensure all staff know the daily service and the special promotions available, that the presentation/display of stock items for sale is correctly done and that the pricing of all products and description of products if updated at all times
- Ensure staff have the correct uniform and are friendly and courteous to customers
- Resolve staffing issues, reorganise service delivery at short notice to ensure standards are maintained
- Compile and organise six monthly training sessions with staff to cover areas specified in Training Record Cards
- Compile daily and weekly staff rotas and ensure that they are adhered to and the keeping of up to date staff holiday charts
- Ensure the relevant bookkeeping and Quality & Monitoring systems are completed to the specified standard, in particular wages, labour and income control and raw material control
- Carry out routine Quality Control Audits and measure customer satisfaction levels of each aspect of the Retail Services
- Take appropriate action to ensure operation to all health, hygiene and food preparation and service procedures
- Co-operate with the Manchester Central Hospitals Trust in ensuring that statutory regulations, codes of practice, local policies and departmental health and safety rules are adhered to and ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all time.
- Proven retail experience
- Experience of supervising employees within a service environment and maximising the performance of a team
- Customer focused, with excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and have the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Computer Literate
- Experience of working within a healthcare establishment
- Previous Catering experience
- In depth knowledge of food safety regulations
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Manual Handling Certificate
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Retail Supervisor, Retail, Catering, Food services, supervisors