Host is a fresh food company with a number of contracts in the education and healthcare industry a business built around passionate, professional people who seek a level of empowerment to enable them to make their statement in the world of contract catering food and service
Salary £25,000 per annum
Working Pattern: 40 hours per week Mon to Fri
Contract Type: Permanent
Contact Name: Matt Powell
You’ll organise and manage the work of the kitchen staff, decide which tasks need to be done and share these among the team. You’ll also be involved in the some of the preparation and cooking of food.
Your day-to-day duties will include:
•making sure food is of the right quality and price
•ordering food from suppliers
•controlling a budget and keeping accurate records
•managing health and hygiene procedures
•organising the staff duty rota
•recruiting, training and developing staff
To manage an efficient and effective catering operation in accordance with client requirements, company standards and statutory regulations.
- To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and customers
- To ensure that all the unit standards, administration, payroll, cash control, stock control and security procedures are accurate and in accordance with CH&Co policies and procedures
- To ensure full catering services are provided as agreed within the client contract.
- To ensure all employees in the unit adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set out in Company handbook
- Develop future budget, planning and delivery along with Operation's Manager.
- Someone with a desire and passion to cook with fresh quality ingredients sources from local producers.
- We are looking for someone who is willing to always push culinary boundaries
- Manage the FOH & BOH operations within the unit.
- Similar experience in a Chef Manager position.
- Minimum of 2 years' Experience
If you feel you have the above qualities and more, and you want to work within a forward thinking company whose passion for food, people development & excellent customer / client service is second to none - then we want to hear from you.