Head of Hospitality Services
Fantastic Opportunity in Uxbridge
Head of Hospitality Services at Brunel University
Brunel University London is a public research university located in Uxbridge, London, United Kingdom. Founded in 1966, it was named after the Victorian engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel. Brunel's campus is located on the outskirts of Uxbridge.
Chartwells is the leading provider of catering and support services to the education sector in the UK. We provide innovative catering, hospitality and food service by creating imaginative food offers delivered with an exceptional service.
We know as a company that great service comes from offering great food made from quality ingredients delivered with exceptional customer service. Our teams use seasonal produce, adding creativity to let the food speak for itself. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a diverse range of cuisines that keep up to date with today’s trends ensuring we offer a great dining experience.
We nurture and develop our teams to enrich their skills which allows them to show their passion and inspiration that as a company we are proud encourage.Package description
We are looking for a talented and experienced Hospitality Manager that can lead the team and help enhance our food offer and service.
We need someone with experience in Hospitality Management who can inspire and motivate the team yet retain a hands-on approach to the operations. You will lead the team to consistently deliver the highest standards of customer service across a wide range of hospitality events.
The role requires someone who is commercially minded with the ability to demonstrate a track record of developing efficient and cost effective processes and that you have first class communication skills and a keen eye for detail.Main responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the Head of Hospitality services are:
- Ensure that all hospitality services are delivered to the highest standards
- Managing a large team
- Will be very hands on and assist the team
- Overseeing the function rooms, conference suits and catering for outside events
- Ensure that all customer requirements are delivered in line with Client and Compass’ expectation
- Staff development including training and motivating staff
- Manage the labour budget
- Increase sales
- Must have an excellent knowledge and experience of working within the events and hospitality department
- Have managed large teams and large functions
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Proven experience in managing successful teams
- Multi-site operational experience in a similar role
- Be able to create bespoke Hospitality packages
- Have experience of stakeholder management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Very flexible in regards to working hours
- Experience of leading and managing teams to deliver results
- Able to work in a pressurised environment and be able to multi- task
- Understanding of P&L accounts