Executive Head Chef - Eton College
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your senior culinary career driving the food operation for Eton College, one of the leading independent schools in the UK. This is a fantastic environment to work in with access to excellent facilities and resources. In this role, you will join the senior management team for the contract and provide strategic craft, food offer development and daily core feeding across a large site with multiple venues. You will also form part of the central craft development team for the wider schools business.
The opportunity is therefore suited to individuals with similar culinary leadership experience, a high level of craft skill (fine dining) and a background in craft/offer development across a group or large site.
- Lead the delivery, production and strategy for food/hospitality services for a large high profile contract. This can include up to 650 students for core feeding across breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus hospitality that ranges from teas and canapes to formal fine dining.
- Oversee the management of a team of 12 highly skilled Chefs to ensure a high quality service is delivered, providing coaching and training when required.
- Manage the kitchen operation including paperwork and administration
- Develop the service offering and lead the engineering of menus and food innovation for the site.
- Have responsibility for all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
- Previous experience in a senior or group culinary role, ideally within volume catering and fine dining (hospitality)
- Excellent managerial skills and experience of managing a large team
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Good financial awareness
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
About the company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
chef, chefs, head chef, executive chef, executive head chef, Eton, Windsor