General Catering Manager
You will lead a team that supports high quality education at this unique site by providing outstanding food and customer service to the Students, Staff and Public. You should share our passion for delivering the best service and exciting fresh food on a daily basis.
We are looking for a talented and experienced General Catering Manager with a conference and banqueting background to join our great team that can help further enhance our food & retail and hospitality offer. In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.Package description
General Catering Manager
40 Hours per week
Chartwells is the leading provider of catering and support services to the Education Sector in the UK. We provide innovative catering, hospitality and food service by creating imaginative food offers delivered with an exceptional service.
We know as a company that great service comes from offering great food made from quality ingredients delivered with exceptional customer service. Our teams use seasonal produce, adding creativity to let the food speak for itself. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a diverse range of cuisines that keep up to date with today’s trends ensuring we offer a great dining experience.
We nurture and develop our teams to enrich their skills which allows them to show their passion and inspiration that as a company we are proud encourage.Main responsibilities
- Manage the team to deliver an excellent catering and hospitality service through great food and excellent customer service
- Responsible for managing the delivery of food innovation within the unit
- You will ensure compliance with all statutory requirements
- Effective control of costs
- Introduction of new ideas to drive the service forward
- Develop the existing teams’ knowledge and skills.
- Passionate about catering and service delivery
- Knowledge of food preparation and standards required
- A strong leader, with bags of enthusiasm
- Experience of management of catering service is essential
- An adaptable individual who can communicate at all levels from pupils to clients
- Very organised and enjoys working in a very busy environment
- Sound knowledge of legislative standards
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Computer literacy
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to offer excellent customer service
- A 'Can do' attitude