Chef De Partie
About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas. We offer a premium service in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, cardiac care and acute neurological rehabilitation.
As part of the HCA group, we offer a market-leading benefits package including staff pension, flexible annual leave scheme, full private healthcare, dental insurance and much more.
On top of this we're very keen to promote from within our team and with a very clear structure, there is a lot of scope to develop your career and learn new skills.
As the Chef De Partie, you will prepare and cook at a complex and advanced level. You will also be responsible for providing a high quality of food service for patients, visitors, consultants and staff.
Salary: £19,093 - £22,126 (dependent on candidate experience)
Hours: 40 hours per week. Various shifts (6am-3pm, 9.30am-6.30pm, 11.30am-8.30pm), working 5 days out of 7, Monday-Sunday
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow food production worksheet and prepare food as requested
- To liaise with senior chefs on the daily activities
- Prepare special diets
- Prepare daily jobs lists
- Be responsible for your relevant section including sanitising prep area after each use
- Supervise junior staff, ensuring quality standards are maintained
- Monitor stock levels weekly
- Daily temperature checks on refrigeration units
- Daily temperature checks through probing of hot and cold food
- Complete due diligence check sheets
- Stock rotation within your section
- To work in any of the 3 units upon request
- Follow Hand Hygiene and Infection Control guidelines
- Assist with the cleanliness of the kitchen and work areas
- Report any faults to Sous Chef/Head Chef
Skills & Experience
- Good spoken and written English
- Previous experience of working within a similar role in a 4/5 star Hotel establishment or similar hospital environment is essential
- Previous experience of delivering excellent customer service
- A good understanding of Health and safety principles
- Basic food hygiene regulations and practice (NVQ Food Hygiene Level 1 and 2)
About The Individual
As the successful applicant you will work well within a team and possess a flexible approach in order to meet the changing needs of the Catering department. You will demonstrate excellent customer service skills and will be friendly, polite and courteous at all times.