Deputy General Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
Deputy General Manager – Watergate Bay Hotel
Watergate Bay Hotel is as popular for the warmth of its hospitality as it is for its gorgeous location. The hotel is a collection of fresh, contemporary spaces designed to connect our guests with the rugged coastline outside.. Our sports school, Extreme Academy, makes the most of the surfing break on our doorstep. Inside is Swim Club, a secluded area including a 25-metre indoor pool, café-bar and treatment rooms. The hotel bears little resemblance to the original, built in 1904. Intended to serve as a railway terminus hotel, it later became an RAF Officers’ Mess before falling into disrepair. In the Seventies, the Victorian building was converted back into a 55-bedroom hotel and families flocked to it for a traditional beach holiday. Some 40 years later and Watergate Bay remains a favourite with families, while appealing equally to couples and groups of friends. In 2001 the hotel embarked on a new era, opening year-round to reimagine its potential. Every phase of our evolution since has been informed by one vision: a ski resort on a beach. With the opening next door of Jamie Oliver’s Fifteen Cornwall; the development of The Living Space and Swim Club; and, later, the opening of our restaurant, Zacry’s, Watergate Bay Hotel has complemented its great outdoor offering with fine après surf. The result is a hotel whose unique location is matched by its service, its food and its atmosphere – or so we hope. We are constantly evolving and striving to improve the experience you’ll find here.
This position will be responsible for supporting the General Manager and to deputise for the General Manager in his/her absence by taking responsibility for the day to day running of all operational areas of the hotel.
- To work alongside the GM to oversee and be responsible for the day to day running of all operational areas of the hotel
- To deputise for the GM in all areas, as and when required
- To work with the GM to deliver a consistently strong guest experience within our brand values and operational standards, through effective planning and organisation
- To build strong working relationships with the HOD’s by providing inspirational leadership and direction, and promoting open and honest communication
- To be proactive and lead by example
- To reinforce our key brand standard of relaxed professionalism by being operationally present in all areas of the business.
- To work closely with the General Manager to support and have input into the ongoing development of WGB
- To support the recruitment of all senior positions
- To monitor and take direct responsibility for guest feedback, ensuring that all issues raised are followed up with the team responsible, and that guests receive a personal response where required
- To communicate effectively by holding regular meetings with direct reports
- To attend scheduled operational meetings
- To have a good knowledge of the hotel industry with the ability to network and build relationships, and to remain up to date with the local competitor set
- To enforce and comply with all company policies and procedures which are fundamental in maintaining effective performance, communication and good business reputation.
- To enforce and comply with all statutory legislation and policy i.e. Food Hygiene, Fire safety and Health & Safety, and to attend any training as requested by the company and required by law.
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience in a similar role within an independent hotel
- Expertise in either F & B or hotel operations.
- Experience of managing a large team effectively
- Proven track record of problem solving and putting the guest experience first
- Experience and understanding of financial accountability, with a proven track record of achieving budgets (revenue/overheads/payroll)
- Level 3 or above qualification in food safety and/or H & S
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Standards driven
- Good team leader/ motivator
- Team player
- Good communicator
- Organised and proactive
- Calm under pressure
- Guest experience focused
- Good IT skills
Apply for Deputy General Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly