4 days left
- Full Time
You will lead a team that supports high quality education by providing outstanding food and customer service to the students. You should share our passion for delivering the best service and exciting fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis.
It all starts with enjoyment - great tasting, healthy food that students look forward to and really love.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Catering Manager to join our great team that can help further enhance our food and retail offer working alongside the Contract Director.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.Package description
Fantastic Opportunity in Newcastle Upon Tyne
Chartwells – Catering Manager
40 Hours per Week
52 weeks per annum
Salary: Circa £25,000
Chartwells is the leading provider of catering and support services to the education sector in the UK. We provide innovative catering, hospitality and food service by creating imaginative food offers delivered with an exceptional service
We know as a company that great service comes from offering great food made from quality ingredients delivered with exceptional customer service. Our teams use seasonal produce, adding creativity to let the food speak for itself. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a diverse range of cuisines that keep up to date with today’s trends ensuring we offer a great dining experience.
We nurture and develop our teams to enrich their skills which allows them to show their passion and inspiration that as a company we are proud encourage.Main responsibilities
- Responsible for the management and execution of all catering and hospitality including breakfast, lunch and evening meal seven days a week.
- Sound financial & marketing skills to drive sales and generate bottom line profit whilst adhering to company financial policies and processes.
- Develop and lead a small team to deliver excellence in service and product range to meet our exacting client’s requirements.
- Delivery of company, client and bespoke training and development plans will be the key to meet these requirements.
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of effective H&S and environmental plans
- Strong and sensitive man-management skills to develop the teams allowing for personal growth.
- An excellent eye for detail, focussed attention to presentation and merchandising of home-made food and produce
- “Foodie” with knowledge of sound retail practices and current food trends
- Great organisational skills and ability to prioritise effectively. Must be able to work under pressure
- Adept at managing HR processes and driving teams to accept ownership and responsibility
- Strong communicator and experienced with Client and stakeholder relationships.
- Sound knowledge of compliance and able to implement effective financial controls across their business