Business Development Manager - National
5 days left
- Full Time
Our client is a very successful established company who provide food solutions to the healthcare, care home and education sectors. They enjoy long-standing client relationships built up over many years, based on trust and consistent delivery.
Following a period of extensive research and development they have just launched a completely new and exciting food proposition. This proposition has already been successfully launched and sold in Germany and the plan is to launch this in the UK. The range allows for busy caterers to prepare and offer quality restaurant food at point of service, without the need for skilled catering personnel.
As they already have extensive business and relationships within the hospital sector, their initial priority will be to focus on Staff and Visitor feeding outlets within hospitals. There is also opportunity to market this proposition to other sectors. The proposition is great, deliciously tasting food that the end customer will want to buy which will also reduce operating costs and generate profit.
Therefore our client is looking for a Business Development manager with extensive experience of building business through Retail Food Service Operations. You will have taken a proposition, ideally branded, and successfully developed it in an environment where consumers purchase the product.
You will work very closely alongside the current healthcare sales team who will provide key introductions into hospitals where our client is currently trading and also into hospitals where they believe opportunity exist. It is anticipated that this new food concept has the opportunity to be sold both directly to the NHS Hospital Caterers and also to contractors providing catering services in hospitals.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A passion for food and entrepreneurial energy and enthusiasm to develop food concepts
- Clear experience of selling retail food service propositions, most likely within a large contract caterer
- Strong commercial business sense and understanding of the retail market
- The ability to evaluate and set retail pricing
- Experience of successfully selling a proposition business to business
- Excellent listening skills and understanding of client needs
- A solution-focused with ability to think laterally
- Brilliant influencing skills, with straight and honest approach
- Pro-active approach who is a self- starter
- The ability to work effectively both alone and as part of team
- Proven ability to build and maintain excellent client relationship skills
- Loves to make things happen and deliver on your promises
You will have a clean driving licence and a company car will be provided as this a national role; you’ll ideally be located in the South East.
Please note, only candidates with relevant experience will be contacted.
Apply for Business Development Manager - National
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly