Christ College Brecon is an independent boarding and day school offering excellent education to around 400 boys and girls aged 7-18. Founded in 1541 by Henry VIII on the site of a Dominican Friary, the College’s Dining Hall and Chapel date back to around 1250.
Salary: £20,000 pa
Work Pattern: 3-week rota
Sector: Restaurant Jobs
Contract: Permanent – 40 hrs per week
Contact Name: Anne Nicholls, Catering Manager
We are seeking an enthusiastic Chef with a passion for food to join our busy team to work throughout the year, including school holidays.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working in a similar role
- A nationally recognised catering qualification
- The drive and ability to produce excellent and attractive food using fresh ingredient every day
- The ambition to plan and execute special events, including hospitality, summer balls, elegant dinner parties and special themed days
- Excellent customer service skills, good communication and interpersonal skills
- To prepare and cook fresh and nutritious meals, including special dietary meals
- To ensure the quality and presentation of food is to a “standard that can’t be bettered”
- To ensure all food is stored, handled and packed at correct temperatures
- To maintain records of temperatures and act where necessary
- To have the ability to take the lead when required
Christ College Brecon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and there is an expectation that this is a shared commitment by all staff and volunteers.
Any appointment will be conditional on successful pre-employment and Disclosure and Barring checks.
To apply, please send a full, up-to-date CV to Mrs Anne Nicholls, Catering Manager, Christ College, Brecon, LD3 8AF or click apply and email your cv to us.
We are looking to appoint for this position as soon as possible.