The post of Assistant Chef at St Olave’s Prep is a rare opportunity to work as part of a highly motivated and skilled team of staff who work extremely hard to ensure that our pupils are at the heart of everything that they do.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Assistant Chef who is passionate about food, confident in cooking with fresh ingredients, and is a flexible, reliable team player who takes pride in food quality and presentation.
- Alongside the Chef Manager prepare, cook and serve fresh, appetising and nutritious meals suitable for children from the ages of 3 to 11, and the school staff.
- Being aware of and catering for special dietary requirements and allergies.
- Being responsible for the salad bar, baking, main meals or desserts as instructed by the Chef Manager.
- To be willing and able to answer questions about food prepared to diners – children and adults.
- To ensure a high standard of presentation of all dishes.
- Provide a professional service in the setting up, serving and clearing away after both daytime and out of hours functions.
- Stand in for the Chef Manager in her absence.
- Ensure correct use of equipment and report any faults or repairs needed.
- Hold keys to the premises and unlock the school when required.
- Assist the Chef Manager in planning menus and promoting healthy eating and nutrition across the school.
- Assist in the completion of risk assessments as appropriate, to include the reporting of any hazardous or potentially hazardous situations.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the food preparation and service areas at all times paying attention to Food Safety regulations and the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Assist in the routine and in-depth cleaning of the kitchen and equipment on a regular basis using equipment and chemicals as recommended, in accordance with Health and Safety and COSHH requirements.
- Ensure all goods are received, checked, stored and handled in line with School policy, Food Safety regulations and prevailing statutory regulations.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"