Chef - 3 month Contract
We are a brand new Restaurant perched on the top of the rock of Gibraltar which spectacular views of Spain and Africa & Gibraltar. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a chef to join our team and help turn us in to the best restaurant on the Andalusian coast.
As our chef your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Ensuring that the highest level of service is provided to our customers at all times
· Creating and writing innovative and seasonal menus in conjunction with the events team
- Ordering of all ingredients and supplies
- Ensure consistent production of dishes are of the highest standards
- Ensure the serving of quality culinary dishes are on schedule, check all dishes before they leave the kitchen
- Ensure that no problem arises during serving; if any, it should be rectified quickly
- Approve all foods before they leave the kitchen
- Forecast supply needs work within strict budgets and estimate costs
- Ensure efficiency of the kitchen and staff.
- Ensure that the food servicing facility meets all necessary standards and regulations such as sanitary and safety guidelines
- Maximize the productivity of the kitchen staff
- Ensure proper equipment maintenance and operations
- Create relationships with food suppliers, source the highest quality ingredients
- Manage stock of food
Our chef doesn’t need to have years of experience but a solid culinary education, a keen interest in innovative food, bags of enthusiasm and a desire to help grow a business are key! You must have a genuine passion for food and creating delicious and seasonal menus, the ability to remain calm at all times and impeccable attention to detail. I am not looking for any pre Madonna’s, this is a new restaurant based 450 meters on top of a mountain, you must have an incredibly flexible attitude with a muck in nature. Given our unique location we have created a contemporary British menu with Spanish and African / middle eastern influences – knowledge of these cuisines with a high creative mind is essential.
Conversational English is essential and some spoken Spanish is highly beneficial although not a deal breaker.
If genuinely interested please click apply and email your CV to us.