Junior Pastry Chef
You will be part of a team that supports high quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and staff.
You will be leading a team who share the same passion for preparing exciting fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis.
It all starts with enjoyment - great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward too and really love.
We are looking for a talented Junior Pastry Chef to join our great team at this prestigious Independent School that can help further enhance our food offer working alongside the Head Pastry Chef and their team
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.Package description
Junior Pastry Chef – Prestigious Independent School, Reading
Salary c. £19,000
40 Hours per Week
Chartwells Independent is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. We provide innovative catering, hospitality and food service by creating imaginative menus delivered with an exceptional service.
We know as a company that great food comes from great ingredients. Our Chefs use seasonal produce, adding their own individual creativity to let the food speak for itself. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a diverse range of cuisines that keep up to date with today’s trends ensuring we offer a great dining experience.
We nurture and develop our teams to enrich their skills which allows them to show their passion and inspiration that as a company we are proud encourage.
- The Junior Pastry Chef will be involved with the planning, organisation and preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Be an integral part of the pastry production covering pupil and staff feeding along with an extensive range of hospitality and events
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- High end hotel or restaurant experience, ideally two rosette level
- Extensive knowledge of the F&B industry is essential, you need to take this site to the next level in terms of food and culinary standards
- Immaculate presentation, outgoing, passionate, excellent communication and customer service skills are required for this highly visible position
- Excellent people skills with the ability to lead and develop a team
- Committed to food and customer service innovation
- Superb culinary skills. High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
Chartwells is part of the Compass Group UK and Ireland which is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.