Meetings & Events Consultant
Job Title: Meetings & Events Consultant
Accountable to: Senior Meetings & Events Consultant
Line Manager: Operations Manager – M&E
To deliver an innovative and efficient venue finding service for conferences, meetings and events that exceeds client’s expectations every time. Strive to ‘get it right the first time’ for the client and achieve the best commercial result for Inntel on every booking.
Provide a total venue finding service – including taking the enquiry from the client, determining what is important to the client and why, sourcing suitable options, negotiating the best possible rate, added value and enhanced commission, showing accurate savings, produce proposals, chase proposals, site visits with the client, contract checking.
Build individual client relationships that encourage client loyalty and repeat business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ascertain from the booker the requirements for their event plus what is important to them and why.
- To record a detailed brief in EZI (booking system).
- To source an agreed number of suitable venues
- To negotiate rates, added value and enhanced commission.
- Produce an accurate, informative an attractive proposal.
- Make a personal recommendation to the client on which venue you feel is the most suitable for their event and why.
- As appropriate, meet with clients to view venues, discuss meeting details, to ensure best options are proposed and confirmed.
- Chase proposals with the client for a decision as appropriate.
- To liaise with the Operations Manager and provide progress reports on all work in hand, seeking advice where necessary.
- To seek to identify new and/or unusual venues, passing details to Supplier Partnerships for setting up in EZI.
- Ascertain from new clients where they heard of Inntel and where possible pass any leads to Business Development to enhance business.
- To follow M&E standard operating procedures
- To seek to identify opportunities for enhanced commission and any other enhancements to enable the company to enjoy increased revenue and liaise with Supplier Partnerships when necessary.
- To react proactively to brand new clients, ask the right questions regarding booking sizes, frequency etc. explaining the process for booking and the advantages of using Inntel.
- Through a continuous programme of educational visits and a general awareness of trade news (journals, presentations, and mailers), to be responsible for your personal development within the industry so that you can provide the breadth of knowledge required for the role.
- To participate in Familiarisation trips (as detailed in your offer letter of employment) and attendance of educational trips, client evenings and roadshows as deemed necessary by your line manager.
- Any other tasks which may be deemed necessary from time to time to further enhance the position of Meetings & Events Consultant in particular or the Company in general.
- To accept and practice total quality commitment to the mutual benefit of the Company and its clients.
- To partake in the day to day incidentals required to maintain a pleasant work environment.
- To seek to identify any potential opportunities which would benefit the operation and or the administration of the Company and or its employees.
- Outstanding customer service skills and a genuine interest in achieving the best result for the customer
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good venue knowledge – maintained by visiting venues for site visits, educationals and familiarisation trips
- Methodical approach to work with good project and time management skills
- Show good initiative/communication skills specifically telephone techniques - including ability to interpret customer requirements
- Commercial awareness
- Confident/friendly personality which is portrayed on the telephone and face to face when meeting clients.
- Industry working knowledge and experience preferred – eg. agency background and/or venue conference office/reservations/venue reception experience