In this role, you will oversee the out of hour’s usage of venue space across a group of schools. The school venue space is utilised by a number of external customers for sports clubs, army cadet training and group/community meetings etc. You will work with various teams and sub-contractors to ensure an efficient operation and customer satisfaction.
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance a wide skill set and develop within management and would be suited to individuals who are well organised, proactive and highly customer focussed.
- Co-ordinate operational lettings staff across 6 schools venue space.
- Ensure that bookings in liaison with sub-contractors are effectively managed across all Schools.
- Maintaining customer accounts and handling their enquiries, where necessary. Ensuring that the process of invoicing, collection of payments and credit control run smoothly.
- In liaison with Kajima, promote the schools to increase sales and community use.
- Undertake regular meetings with administration and operational staff
- Build and maintain relationships with community users, teaching staff, Local Authority PFI staff and other Local Community Bodies associated with the facilities.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the schools and the company.
- Assist and contribute to other projects where required.
- Assist with the implementation of marketing campaigns as necessary.
- Co-ordination of market research.
- Distribution of publicity material.
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally event/meeting venue/lettings coordination
- Excellent communication skills and customer focus
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, professional and entrepreneurial
- An ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with colleagues and customers/service users
- Proven recent, relevant line management experience or capability to develop these skills quickly
- Experience of managing and coordinating high volumes of operational tasks
- An ability to understand and creatively implement, monitor and interpret marketing plans
- A knowledge and experience of managing accounting procedures
- Strategic partnership working at senior level & customer service
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Venue Manager, Event Manager, Event Coordinator, Conferencing Manager, Front of House Manager, Bookings Coordinator, Customer Service Manager, Exeter