Head Chef - South East London
Event catering in London's unique and unusual venues and at locations throughout the UK has been Payne and Gunter's passion for over 25 years. We pride ourselves on offering exquisite food which has been carefully designed in line with current market trends and with an underlying emphasis on maintaining our ethos of providing excellent British food...with a twist!
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Head Chef To plan, organise and direct the Payne and Gunter kitchen brigade in the preparation and cooking of food at the CPU and on events ensuring we exceed and deliver our client and venue expectations by producing outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients.Main responsibilities
- The Head Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- To build, lead and manage an effective kitchen team
- To attend the Head Chef forums as requested
- To keep abreast of new food trends and innovation – and implement within the business
- To ensure all payroll details are logged on a weekly basis and keep production costs in line with weekly targets
- To maintain a strong working relationship with Levy Exec Chef and Sector Head Chefs to assist our business needs as and when required
- Taking responsibility for the food production with a hands-on approach
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- The Head Chef will also be required to implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets.
- Attend client tastings – exceed and deliver expectations to secure business
- Attend client meetings as requested
- Take onboard client/colleague comments and make the necessary adjustments to improve our food offer
- Excellent and Innovative culinary and presentation skills
- Proven experience in event catering, either within contract catering or high quality hotels.
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Energetic with a passion to do a great job
- Able to manage staff in a calm, inspirational manner
- A forward-thinker who can prevent wastage
- Demonstrates a passion for food
- Team Player
- Excellent organisation skills
- Numerate and computer literate with an understanding of financial drivers
- A clear understanding of profit margins, purchasing policy, budgeting and food costing,
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility.