Event Manager - London
Leith’s have an excellent opportunity available for an Events Manager for the QEII Centre based in the heart of Westminster with fantastic views of Parliament and Westminster Abbey. The QEII centre is the largest dedicated conference, events and exhibition space in central London, offering world class facilities for high-profile conferences, conventions, exhibitions, awards dinners and corporate events with capacity for up to 2,500 and hosting over 400 events a year.
As Event Manager you will be the principal point of contact between Leith’s and the Client, selling, developing, organizing and managing the Event Catering for large events. The Event Manager will actively work as part of the Events Team to increase and enhance the level of catering sales. Proactively up selling the services by various techniques and always aiming to meet customer needs and exceed customer expectations. You will operate and maintain the systems for client ordering and all related processing, ensuring the highest standards of accurate and timely customer, staff and management information.Package description
£28,000 per annum with OTE of up to £30,000 per annum.
To work predominantly Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, But full flexibility is required in line with business needs.Main responsibilities
- To develop and lead future sales opportunities
- To inspire exceptional service to our clients and guests
- Maintains a strong relationship with client during coordination, execution and evaluation stages of services.
- Responsible for all client meetings, whether face-to-face or by telephone. To be involved in show rounds and requirements meetings for events
- Responsible for ensuring client contracts and prepayments have been received prior to the actual event day
- Responsible for creating Catering Schedules for clients confirming all of their catering requirements, and liaising with clients regularly to ensure all last minute changes and requests are met on the event day
- Forecasting projected sales for each event and updating on a regular basis for weekly forecast meetings
- Invoicing clients for all events and chasing of outstanding payments in line with the units payment terms
- Experience in a demanding hospitality environment
- Computer experience with databases and PowerPoint
- Experience within event planning
- London market experience
- Exhibitions and conference experience (desirable)
- Experience of working with a client group
- High degree of IT proficiency
Leith’s, one of the iconic names in event hospitality, is a brand of Levy Restaurants UK. Leith’s works with a range of iconic venues and events, including Glyndebourne festival and the Edinburgh International Conference Centre. Most recently, Leith’s has won the contract to continue providing hospitality and event catering at the flagship Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre in the heart of Westminster.
Event Manager, Event Sales Manager