Learning & Development Business Partner - Maths and English
Our client is a successful, growing independent, privately owned training and development specialist operating within Facilities Management, Hospitality, Retail Transport and Logistics. They provide a number of learning and development solutions and services to their clients which include: design, delivery and assessment of Apprenticeship Programmes; assisting clients in the recruitment of apprentices; design and delivery of Bespoke Management Development Programmes; designing Talent Management Frameworks. They also offer consultancy to clients in areas such as Talent Review, Change Management, Operational Review and Logistics Planning.
They take a strategic approach to support clients to build and develop their people capability. Their passion, professionalism and desire to deliver excellence, combined with their big ideas have resulted in them achieving outstanding results with their existing clients. To date, all their business has come via referral without having to do any active business development.
Due to their continued success and rapid growth they are looking to recruit a number of newly created roles including this opportunity. The Government has identified the need for the development of functional skills to address employer’s concerns that young people and adults are not achieving a firm enough grounding in the basics. Consequently Functional Skills have been developed to provide and assess the essential practical skills needed for English and Maths which are vital for young adults to succeed in employment, further learning and life in today’s society.
Therefore a requirement of the Apprenticeship is that they achieve Level 1 and 2 in Maths and English. Therefore our client is looking for a trainer to support apprentices to achieve these Functional Skills qualifications and assess and test these to ensure they reach the required level.
Full training and support will be offered if you haven’t been involved in Apprenticeships before.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Either a qualified Maths and English Teacher or has taught English and Maths abroad
- Dynamic, engaging and supportive in their teaching/learning delivery style
- Passionate about keeping things simple, clear, honest and straightforward
- Any operational experience in the sectors our client services would be an advantage but not essential
- Genuinely excited and committed to helping to support apprentices on the programme
- Committed to delivering the highest level of customer service and professionalism to clients
- Naturally positive and has an optimistic outlook on life
- Flexible and with a can-do, no nonsense attitude
- All about action, not words
- You will have a clean driving licence and a car allowance will be provided as this a mobile role; you’ll ideally be located in London or the South East.
This would be an ideal opportunity for someone who is maybe disillusioned with working in a school and is looking for a new challenge to use their skills in an adult environment and wants to join an organisation who genuinely care about the employees and clients they support, please apply by sending your CV in the first instance or contact Helen 07568 108470. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted.