Relief Chef - Surrey/West Sussex Area
This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure and development operating across multiple sites, teams and roles. Our Independent Schools segment is currently looking to recruit a Relief Chef; this is a key role to ensuring a strong and consistent level of culinary support across the business in the Surrey and West Sussex areas.
With a flexible approach to your working schedule, you will provide additional or interim support to kitchen teams, with excellent communication skills to enable you to work with a variety of customers and clients.
Must have flexibility to operate in a relief capacityMain responsibilities
- Lead or support the presentation and preparation of fresh food across multiple independent schools – 40 schools in total including boarding schools and outdoor activity centres.
- Support teams to deliver a consistent and efficient service to our customers and clients, providing training and coaching where required
- Support Chefs to engineer menus and offerings, support new initiatives, marketing and events
- Ensure that we deliver a first class customer experience to students and customers
- Ensure financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
- Manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Previous culinary experience, with a broad range of culinary skills to adapt across various sites
- Previous experience in a relief Chef role or equivalent desirable
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with different teams and clients
- Flexible approach to working hours and willing to travel when required
- Passion for fresh and healthy food from scratch
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Good financial awareness
- Personal innovation and drive
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
chef, chefs, sous chef, head chef, surrey, relief chef, mobile chef, area chef, support chef, agency chef