Costa Supervisor - Barnet General Hospital
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To support the catering operations to improve the customer food service experience, delivering excellent customer care and ensuring the highest level of cleanliness throughout all work areas.Package description
A new and exciting role has arisen at Barnet General Hospital at Costa Coffee. This is a Full Time Role in which the successful applicant will be working as a Supervisor within Costa Coffee Retail Outlet. The successful candidate must have previous experience working within a Cafe/ Resturant environment, be flexible with their availability, and have the ability to provide excellent customer service.
You will be working as part of medirest. Mediresr is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Hotel Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospitals.
As a valued employee of Compass UK & Ireland, you will gain access to great discounts from thousands of high-street shops, restaurants, cafes, gym’s, cinema’s and much more.
- Ensure you are aware of, and comply with all client and company health & safety procedures and standards at all times. This includes but is not limited to Food Handling, COSHH, Uniform Standards, Personal Protective Equipment, Manual Handling, Fire Regulations and quality control
- Complete, maintain and update all Food Safety and Health & Safety paperwork correctly on a continual basis to ensure full compliance - Costa Standards
- To ensure all displays, counters and seating areas comply with company and statutory health and hygiene requirements, including but not limited to Food Information Regulations and Reference Intake labelling
- Ensure pre and post service checklists and cleaning schedules have been completed before and after all food services
- To ensure the highest level of customer care is adhered to at all times by role modelling the ESS Way values and behaviours at all times to colleagues and customers
- Manage and drive the completion of all compulsory training with all team members
- Advocate the delivery of all company and unit profit protection procedures, reporting any issues to your line manager
- To proactively up sell and demonstrate an excellent knowledge of products provided to customers and clients
- Conduct and monitor all stocktaking procedures ensuring minimal risk of waste
- To take responsibility of all monies within the mess whilst on shift ensuring all Profit Protection Procedures and relevant paperwork is adhered too at all times
- To prepare, produce and serve food to the brand standard
- Ensure that uniform standards are upheld to the highest standard
- Ensure planograms for retail stock are adhered too and fully compliant with company brand standards
- Ensure company marketing material is up to date and relevant to company standards.
- To work official and unofficial functions as detailed by your Line Manager
- Be flexible and comply with any reasonable requests made by your line Manager including, if necessary working within other units within reasonable distance
- A good communicator, able to liaise confidently with customers and engage, motivate and develop team members
- An excellent communicator, able to motivate and develop others
- High standards of personal hygiene
- Previous supervisory experience
- IT literate
- Basic mathematical skills
- Able to work flexibly in line with business requirements including attending off site meetings
- Highly competent in the English language, both written and verbal
- Basic food hygiene/level 2
- Knowledge and experience in till and cash handling
- Self motivated
- Integrity – Respects colleagues & customers
- Health & Safety – Follows the right procedures and challenges unsafe behaviour
- Can Do – Is flexible and takes initiative
- Passion – Is positive & proud of doing a great job
- Responsibility – Takes ownership and doesn’t leave things to others or say ‘it’s not my job’
- Teamwork – Shares knowledge and experience with other team members
Healthcare Retail, part of Medirest, is passionate at delivering excellent products, standards and customer service to patients, staff and visitors in over 50 NHS hospitals around the UK through convenience and catering retail formats. The portfolio comprises of a number of high street brand franchises including Costa Coffee and M&S Simply Food as well as a selection of in house brands.