Support and Mobilsation Chef
This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure and development operating across multiple sites, teams and roles. Our Independent Schools segment is currently looking to recruit a Support and Mobilisation Chef, this is a key role to ensuring a strong and consistent level of culinary services across 19 schools in the Northern Region.
With a flexible approach to your working schedule and travel, you will provide support to various brigades, support new mobilisations and develop the Fresh Food From Scratch offer.
This is a diverse and exciting new opportunity where no day will be the same.
- Provide lead or intrim support the presentation and preparation of fresh food across multiple teams and independent schools in the Northern England region
- Support teams to deliver a consistent and efficient catering service to our customers and clients, providing training and coaching where required
- Support mobilisations and development of the Fresh Food From Scratch offering
- Engineer menus and offerings, support new initiatives, marketing and events
- Ensure that we deliver a first class customer experience to students and customers
- Ensure financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
- Manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Previous culinary experience, with a broad range of culinary skills to adapt across various sites
- Excellent craft skill and passion for cooking from scratch
- Previous experience in a similar role, with flexibility to travel
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with different teams and clients
- Flexible approach to working schedule
- Passion for fresh and healthy food from scratch
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Good financial awareness
- Personal innovation and drive
About the company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
chef, chefs, head chef, area chef, support chef, development chef, support chef, relief chef