Patient Dining Manager (Catering)
We are currently looking to recruit a Patient Dining Manager to take full responsibility of the patient dining service including the provision of special dietary requirements, menu development, TVF provision, availability of stock, budgetary management and accountability.
You’ll be responsible for the implementation and management of company policies and procedures in the areas of your responsibility, with particular emphasis on the training of all staff under your control.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (diagnostic pathology as part of a joint venture, equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, 5 days from 7 including some weekends, flexibility is a must.Main responsibilities
- Assist the General Manager to deliver budgeted profit and turnover for services and accounts
- Responsible for financial management of the allocated budget for area ensuring that stock levels, wastage and labour are effectively managed
- Liaise with dietary specialists to further enhance the patient dining offer
- Promote effective two way communication within all levels of staff in area. This will include ensuring that team briefings take place and that Company and Trust objectives and values are clearly understood
- Champion the CARES programme to ensure all staff are committed to delivering high levels of customer service at all times communicated
- In conjunction with the General Manager, continually review menus for patients to ensure innovation and market trends are incorporated while profit margins are maintained
- Effectively manage the meal services ensuring that agreed service specifications are being met
- Proven experience of managing a diverse workforce within a service environment
- Experience of managing to budget requirements within a catering service
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, colleagues, clients
- Ability to adhere to instructions, standards and procedures
- NVQ Healthcare support services, BICSc, CPSS
- Qualification in Food Safety and Hygiene standards, and Health & Safety
- HND in Hotel, Catering or Institutional Management
- Previous experience working in a healthcare environment
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Patient Dining Manager, catering manager, dining, patient feeding, Healthcare, Manager