Defence Mess Manager
An enthusiastic Unit Manager who can deliver Catering Retail and Soft Services for a large Unit. This person must have an eye for detail, financial capability to achieve Sales, GP and Labour targets. Have the ability to satisfy client requests and manage a team of up to 30 colleagues. Good communication and organisational skills are essential.
Our Unit Manager will be responsible for sustained growth of turnover and net operating profits by effectively managing the team and ensuring the delivery of culinary and customer service excellence. Responsible for managing a team to ensure delivery of innovative solutions and quality service in line with business objectives and company standards to achieve and maximise set targets. Establish and maintain a committed and engaged team.
As Unit Manager you will be
- Proactive management of catering team. Responsible for recruiting, supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, customer and client.
- Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the ''Elior eXperience'' are communicated and embedded within the team supporting the service champion as appropriate.
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
- Accountable for innovative menu planning, and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
- Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customer and colleagues.
As Unit Manager for Elior we look for
- A passion for service: Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills.
- A performance driven leadership approach: Creates a culture of results within a high pressured environment through inspirational leadership.
- Respecting commitments: Able to effectively listen, establishing trust and ensuring contractual compliance through exemplary leadership.
- Taking the initiative: Takes responsibility, is committed to achieving growth by creating a culture of flexibility, adaptability and challenging the norm.
Core Values and Behaviours
Because we believe that the whole eXperience matters as Unit Manager for Elior we look for:
- Employee Recognition: recognise and value the contribution of others.
- Loyalty to our client/customer satisfaction: warm, friendly and genuine with ability to build trust and loyalty.
- Innovation: actively seek to improve ways of working and offer suggestions.
- Operational Excellence: committed to achieving results through demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
- Responsibility: takes personal responsibility to ensure all Elior ways of working are adhered to.
Experience and Qualifications
As Unit Manager we look for …
- Experience in a similar role
- Proven leadership
- Up to 2 years management experience including military style contracts
- Commercial business experience
- IOSH Managing Safely Certificate and CIEH level 3 food hygiene
- IT skills in Excel, word and outlook for day to day use
- Full Driving licence