Chef de Partie
The University Hospitality Department provides catering to students, staff and external customers throughout the academic year and during the summer months. There are numerous outlets run by the Hospitality Department offering a range of food and drink options.
We have a vacancy for a Chef de Partie and are looking for a highly motivated chef with a passion for, and experience of, cooking high quality food and supervising junior kitchen staff. You should already hold the relevant NVQ or equivalent qualifications and have an awareness of food hygiene and health and safety. You should also have an enthusiasm for suggesting and contributing to new ideas.
The role includes early morning, evening and weekend working on a 5 out of 7 days per week contract (36.5 hours per week).
The successful candidate will have experience of excellent standards of service in a customer focused environment. You will have knowledge of relevant health and safety and Food Hygiene regulations, and work well as part of a team. You will need to demonstrate the ability to form effective relationships with team members while remaining calm under pressure, as it can be extremely busy over peak times.
Here are some of the fantastic benefits of working here:
- A competitive rate of pay
- A generous pension scheme
- Up to 25 days annual leave per year, eight banks holidays and five extra discretionary days
- We close over the Christmas break but you’re still paid for this time off
- Regular awards for shining stars, from £20 Love2Shop vouchers up to annual awards of £750
- A commitment to the wellbeing of our teams, with mindfulness sessions, fitness boot camps and free health checks
- Great staff social events
- A staff suggestion scheme, with the chance to share your ideas and earn a £20 voucher
- The chance to develop, with many training courses and job shadowing opportunities
- Up to 20 hours a year personal development time for fitness classes, training, volunteering and charity work
- Tax and national insurance savings through salary exchange schemes on nursery care and child care vouchers.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"