The skills Chef will be working with a team of passionate people to help deliver a higher standard of food through developing the skills of our in-house teams and driving new concepts relevant to the sector. The key focus will be to develop relationships with the 6 regional managers to help develop centres of excellence within the 6 regions.
As Skills Development Chef for Caterplus you will be expected to:
- Plan and deliver centres of excellence within the 6 regions
- Attend client led regional meetings
- Collating menus and concepts to deliver to the team
- Developing a food strategy in co-operation with operations director, senior operations manager and operation support managers
- Kitchen management training during mobilisation of new and refurbished schemes
- Constantly bringing innovative and new ideas to the table
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
As Skills Chef we look for the following:
- Visionary food person - to deliver fresh ideas and impact
- Must keep up to speed and have knowledge of the ever-changing food scene
- Ability to communicate well at all levels, displaying calm and considered thinking. Must be "influencer" and mentor to our chef team. Ability to give objective and constructive views in a professional manner. Able to give clear direction and solve problems under pressure.
- Ability to give objective and constructive views in a professional manner
- Able to give clear direction and solve problems under pressure
- Must have the confidence to present and or talk in front of groups or in a 1 to 1 situation.
- Have the knowledge and skills to encourage participation in internal and industry competitions including the Elior apprentices
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Professional Qualifications - City and Guilds 7061/2/3 or NVQ equivalent
- Intermediate level Food Safety and Health and Safety
- Broad knowledge and understanding of a wide range of cuisines and food styles
- Proven experience at Head Chef Level
- Experience in 'fine dining' and a commercial environment would be an advantage
Core Values and Behaviours
Because we believe that the whole experience matters at Caterplus we look for someone who shares the same values:
- Employee Recognition: recognise and value the contribution of others.
- Loyalty to our client/customer satisfaction: warm, friendly and genuine with ability to build trust and loyalty.
- Innovation: actively seek to improve ways of working and offer suggestions.
- Operational Excellence: committed to achieving results through demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
- Responsibility: takes personal responsibility to ensure all Elior ways of working are adhered to.
Apply for Skills Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly