Chief Executive Officer
Hospitality Action is the hospitality industry’s benevolent charity established 180 years ago. The Charity is seeking to appoint chief executive officer following the retirement of the current person. The charity supports people from the hospitality industry of over 3 million people.
In recent years the services of the charity have grown to include a commercial employee assistance programme, drug and alcohol awareness seminars and continue to offer traditional financial annuities and grants.
Ideally the successful candidate should have experience of the hospitality industry, the ability to lead a team and identify new opportunities for financial growth whilst increasing the charity’s profile and awareness. They will need to ensure that the charity’s services remain appropriate to the needs of the industry and beneficiaries.
Chief Executive Officer
Purpose of Job
To lead the growth and development of Hospitality Action by facilitating agreement about the vision, strategy and direction of the charity and by encouraging the adoption of its aims across the hospitality sector.
Job Title Chief Executive
Reporting To Chairman of Trustees and Trustee Board Contract Type Permanent Staff 12 Budget
Responsibility £1.7 million Salary
62 Britton Street, London EC1M 5UY Key Responsibilities Governance
- Ensuring that the governance structure matches the requirements of the charity and implementing changes
- Managing all aspects of HR, including the development and implementation of appropriate systems.
- Ensuring that internal and external communications are managed in an appropriate and timely manner
- Relationship building with key supporters
- Developing the structure and direction of the fundraising department
- Responsibility for achieving income budget as agreed annually by board of trustees.
- Development of business planning processes
- Overseeing allocation of grants and support to beneficiaries according to budget
- Implementation and development of additional services when identified
- Agreeing the priorities for IT development and ensuring that they are implemented
Alcohol and Drug seminars
- Overseeing strategic development of college seminar programme
Employee Assistance Programme
- Overseeing the operation of the employee assistance programme ensuring it is effective and cost efficient
- Agreeing development of appropriate services to meet customer requirements
- Identifying new client opportunities and facilitating prospect meetings
Please apply by forwarding your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date : 21st July