This Commis Chef role is a fantastic opportunity that has arisen at one of our most prestigious sites in our education division. With approximately 700 daily customers on site along with a thriving internal and external hospitality trade a site that will provide opportunity to develop and learn.
This site is currently undergoing major investment and refurbishment that will enhance the customer experience and offer opportunity for service and food innovation and creativity.
Kingston Hill Campus, Kingston KT2 7LB
Summary of Role
As our Commis Chef you will prepare and present high quality food in line with Elior UK objectives and client requirements.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As Commis Chef you will
- Ensure food preparation and control meets requirements in respect of COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures.
- Support manager in maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
- Be responsible for maintaining up to date product and menu knowledge, and maintaining a high standard of food preparation and presentation, ensuring portion and quality control.
- Be responsible for collecting and checking deliveries as required and placing them in the appropriate storage areas.
- Be responsible for ensuring high standards of cleanliness of all areas in the kitchen and of equipment.
- Provide support to other members of the kitchen and front of house team as required.
Knowledge and Skills
As Commis Chef for Elior we look for …
- Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills.
- Adaptable, whilst able to conform strictly to Elior UK procedures.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintains a professional image at all times.
- Methodical, thorough with persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
- Adaptable, able to maintain the highest quality of service whilst working within standard operating procedures and rules.
- Able to advise others in a specialist area of expertise.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
Experience and Qualifications
As Commis Chef we look for …
- Relevant qualifications including food hygiene, cookery certifications/qualifications
- Level 2 Food Hygiene and Health & Safety Training would be an added benefit
- Qualification in City and Guilds 706-1, 706-2 in Catering would be beneficial