General Assistant / Barista
This General Assistant/Barista role has arisen at one of our long serving sites with a well-known client in our education division. This is a busy site that demands exemplary service standards.
Kingston University – Knights Park, Kingston Upon Thames
Summary of Role
Our General Assistant/Barista is responsible for greeting and serving customers in a professional, warm, friendly and genuine manner. The General Assistant is also responsible for preparing and serving a range of beverages and cafe foods in line with client requirements and Elior UK standards.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As General Assistant/Barista you will
- Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times.
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menus and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients.
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment reporting any maintenance issues in line with procedures.
- Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used.
- Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures.
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
- Maintain client and Elior UK confidentiality and security at all times
Knowledge and Skills
As General Assistant/Barista at Elior we look for …
- Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills
- Adaptable, whilst able to conform strictly to Elior UK procedures and operating procedures and rules
- Ability to establish strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintain a professional image at all times
- Methodical, thorough with persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
Experience and Qualifications
As General Assistant/ Barista we look for …
Proven experience in a similar capacity would be an added benefit
As this site carries out Registered Activity with vulnerable adults or children, successful applicants will need a DBS check