Deputy General Manager - Duxford
IWM Duxford is a vibrant aviation museum and as well as be a hugely popular visitor attraction with up to 40,000 visitors across an event weekend, whilst also hosting a variety of events and exhibitions as well as great days out.Package description
Up to £35,000 per annum
To work 5 out of 7 days, mainly daytime hours.Main responsibilities
Levy Restaurants UK are looking to recruit a Deputy General Manager to support the growth of our catering contract. As Deputy General Manager you will be responsible for our busy retail and event business.
Our Retail business spans across three outlets - The Armoury Café and Kitchen, The Workshop Restaurant and The American Air Museum Café with additional pop-up outlets in summer months. Our Event spaces include a conference centre, conservation hall and auditorium catering for a range of corporate and banqueting functions for up to 800 people. This is a very exciting time to join the team and this role offers a great opportunity to progress into a General Manager role. As Deputy General Manager you will lead a team of up to 100 staff, including our on-site sales team whilst being instrumental in the growth of the business.Ideal candidate
- Management experience within Restaurants and Conference and Events
- The ability to build and lead an effective team
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Results orientated and motivated to achieve measurable results
- Sound knowledge of Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Motivated by a passion for quality, targets and great service delivery
- Interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills
- A 'Can-do', enthusiastic attitude
- Financial and commercial acumen including an understanding of working to a P&L.
- Computer literate
- Ability to deal with both internal and external customers
- Respond to the pace of the business in terms of speed of work and productivity.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the retail and beverage industry.
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere, and legendary service.
Deputy General Manager, General Manager, Operations Manager, Banqueting Manager