Assistant Manager - Costa Coffee
We are currently looking to appoint a customer focussed Assistant Manager to support the day to day running of our Costa Coffee outlet, to ensure the prompt and efficient preparation and service of all beverages and food at our prestigious Queens Hospital Romford, Essex.
Reporting to the sites Costa Manager, you’ll lead a team of approximately 26 employees to deliver the best coffee experience to every guest visiting the store.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, and retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexibility is a must
Shifts will be variable on a 5 out of 7 day basis depending on the needs of the business.Main responsibilities
- Manage the stock and order systems for food & consumables ensuring that the store has 100% supply of items for the customer
- Ensure all cash & stock is kept secure and that all necessary action is taken to ensure the handover of stock & cash is done in a secure manner
- Ensure the store is opened and closed, adhering to all company standards, polices & procedures
- Ensure that all brand standards are delivered throughout the shift to ensure complete customer satisfaction – completing all relevant checks, standards, food & health and safety checks and taking necessary remedial action or escalating as required
- Train & coach team members as required to support them in delivering their roles effectively
- Deal with and resolve customer complaints in line with company policy/procedures
- Monitor the store KPI reports and translate in to daily action as required
- Support the Store Manager in organising and delivering team meetings
- Previous experience of working within a customer facing environment
- Supervisory experience
- Enthusiasm to execute outstanding customer service
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn
- Understanding of Key Performance Indicators
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Previous experience within a Costa outlet
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Assistant Manager - Costa Coffee, fast food, catering, hospitality,