We are looking for a talented and experienced Catering Manager to join our great team at this prestigious Independent School that can help further enhance our food offer and service.
The school was established in 1877 and in 1896 it bought out its older rival Mannamead School (founded in 1854), and was temporarily known as Plymouth and Mannamead College. Today Plymouth College is an Independent school for pupils from the ages of 3 to 18.
You will lead the team that supports high quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and customer service to the pupils and staff. You should share our passion for delivering the best service and exciting fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis.
It all starts with enjoyment - great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward too and really love.
Fantastic Opportunity-Prestigious Independent School
Salary up to 33k
Mon - Fri occasional weekends
Day time hours
Free car parking
Opportunity to join the Compass share and pension scheme
Chartwells Independent is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. We provide innovative catering, hospitality and food service by creating imaginative food offers delivered with an exceptional service.
We know as a company that great service comes from offering great food made from quality ingredients delivered with exceptional customer service. Our teams use seasonal produce, adding creativity to let the food speak for itself. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a diverse range of cuisines that keep up to date with today’s trends ensuring we offer a great dining experience.
We nurture and develop our teams to enrich their skills which allows them to show their passion and inspiration that as a company we are proud encourage.Main responsibilities
- Manage a team of up to 17, to deliver an excellent catering service through great food and excellent customer service
- Responsible for managing the delivery of food innovation within the school
- You will ensure compliance with all statutory requirements
- Effective control of costs
- Introduction of new ideas to drive the service forward
- Develop the existing teams’ knowledge and skills.
- Passionate about catering and service delivery
- Knowledge of food preparation and standards required
- A strong leader, with bags of enthusiasm
- Management experience within a similar environment and knowledge of working within schools
- Experience of management of catering service is essential
- An adaptable individual who can communicate at all levels from pupils to clients
- Very organised and enjoys working in a very busy environment
- Sound knowledge of legislative standards
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Computer literacy
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to offer excellent customer service
- A 'Can do' attitude
About The Company
Chartwells is part of the Compass Group UK and Ireland which is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.