We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Chef to join our highly motivated team in this educational environment, to prepare, assemble, cook all menu dishes, providing high quality dishes for the customer and client.Package description
Monday to Friday role!
Term time onlyMain responsibilities
- Assist in general cleaning of the kitchen, maintaining high standards of hygiene
- Drive sales through centrally driven menu plans and promotions and ensure compliance through preferred suppliers
- Provide high quality service to customers and client in line with a food service offer that is applicable to sector and client
- To ensure all tasks associated with food production, front and back of house services and any general support services are carried out with due regard to all Health & Safety and Food Safety regulations.
- Ideally, you will have NVQ Level 1/2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
- Proven experience as a Chef
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Has a proven desire for the delivery of the highest quality of service and food offer obtainable
- Competent to work within or lead, manage and develop the team
- Team player
- A 'Can-do' attitude
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.