Deputy General Manager
Restaurant Associates UK are looking for a passionate and driven Deputy General Manager to work in the Food Team at one of the amazing offices in London looking after the #1 Search Engine in the World.
You’ll be responsible for leading and inspiring your team to deliver creative, nutritious and delicious food experiences which could spark the next big idea for our Client. Sound awesome? It is, and this is just the beginning!Package description
40 hours over a five day week (Monday to Friday)
20 days holiday + bank holidays
100’s of Compass discounts and benefits
Breakfast and lunch included each day
Based in one of our Clients London offices
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent. That's why we offer a number of courses and qualifications for our talented Managers. For our future stars, we have The Academy and Accelerate programmes which will equip you for a career in Catering Management. For established managers, we have our Evolve programme which will hone your existing skills and add to your managerial capabilities. We’re also Edexcel approved, so you can be sure you are getting the best training available to you. So whether you are a Future Star with big aspirations or an established High Performer with a proven track record – there is a development plan for you. If this isn’t enough, we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.Main responsibilities
You will work with the General Manager to take responsibility for the overall organisation and supervision of the Food Program in line with expected standards required by both Restaurant Associates as well as that of our Client. You’ll get to lead the operations effectively and efficiently, providing outstanding food experiences while training and developing your team to be at their best so they can continue to keep our Clients who have a reputation for being the Best Place to work happy, energized and fueled each day.
:: Some of the cool things you’ll get to do::
● Embrace and deliver all aspects of the Food Program to an exceptional standard
● Engage with the Food Service Manager regularly, keeping them up to date with any on site changes or action plans
● Work with others to ensure that client and consumer expectations are understood and exceeded
● Empower and support the team or colleagues and suppliers to deliver a great service
● Ensure all food service promotions are passionately delivered correctly
● Inspire your Team through training, coaching, development and feedback
● Identify any additional opportunities to make things 10 times better and reach out to your GM about it.
● Encourages fresh thinking and initiative in the team
- Experience as Deputy General Manager
- Commercially focused with ability to measure impact and results.
- Ability to create effective relationships, influence and collaborate internally and externally at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrates Compass values and recognition principles.
- Understands and has knowledge of industry trends and direction; ability to learn and effectively utilise tools.
- Strong communicator that can confidently speak with all levels within the business,
- Where necessary utilising negotiation and reasoning skills.
- Communicate and collaborate across many teams about multiple projects taking place simultaneously
:: About Compass UK & Ireland
Compass Group UK & Ireland has over 60,000 employees and works in over 10,000 client sites. Every day we serve over three million people and produce over one million meals. With over £1.9bn turnover, we constantly innovate to find new and exciting ways to deliver great food and support services to every one of our clients.
:: About Restaurant Associates ::
Founded in New York in the late-1950s, Restaurant Associates began life as an independent restaurant and coffee shop. Corporate catering was an integral part of the business, and in 1997 Restaurant Associates joined Compass Group, a world-leading support services company. We arrived in the UK in October 2001, operating under the Roux Fine Dining and Leiths brands from High Holborn, and following rapid growth Restaurant Associates became a firmly established part of the hospitality industry. Having moved to our Martin Lane HQ, the business was streamlined to solely function as Restaurant Associates, offering fine dining employee dining and inspiring events solutions, among other services. We work with businesses across a number of industry sectors, including accounting, banking, insurance, legal, media and charity, with around 170 sites in the UK.
Sounds like the perfect job? Then please send us your C.V.