Are you a foodie and professional chef looking for your next move?
Based at a high profile corporate head office in Epsom and reporting to the Executive Head chef we are looking to recruit a Sous Chef to deliver the food services offering on site.
- Oversee delivery and develop the food offer in all areas of the business through commercial initiatives, innovation and team development.
- Assist the Executive Chef and with the team incorporate new menus which demonstrate flair and innovation in the food service offer.
- Ensure the prompt and efficient preparation and service in all food areas to the company’s standard and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Ensure that the budget is met and exceeded and that all company audits & documentation are attained to the required standard.
- Deliver and achieve client KPI measurement and quarterly self-audits with review and action the results.
- Provide the most cost effective catering service that offers the users quality and choice.
- To assist the Executive Chef with propose new initiatives that deliver best value to the customer.
- Promote healthy eating, wellbeing and employee satisfaction.
- Improve patronage and grow sales.
- Provide good capture of management information to analyse performance.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Experience of developing an innovative food offer to meet client and customer needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and staff at all levels
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process