The role of the Bar Manager involves the day to day running of bar operations within a multilevel hospitality site for a wide range of clientele. You will manage all bar staff rotas, stock control and budget analysis.
To manage the bars service within the site, and ensure that customers are served promptly & courteously, in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and at all times in line with hygiene and safety regulations, that all customers who visit or contact the racecourse or use the facilities have their expectations met and exceeded; that the exceptional standards of the business are consistently achieved and maintained, and motivate & lead the department to achieve this; to work as part of the wider team to promote a positive image of the business at all times.
- Oversee the service of beverages within the numerous bars and maintain overall responsibility for beverage service throughout the site.
- Ensuring all bars are cleaned to the highest standard of hygiene and the pumps are regularly maintained.
- Responsible for cellar and pipe hygiene and reporting any faults to beer suppliers
- Ensuring that all tills and necessary bar equipment is in working order and all stock is on the bleep till system available to bar staff, reporting any faults to the relevant provider and, where appropriate, the racecourse facilities manager
- Control of all pre-ordered stock and making sure that stock is ordered in good time and available for each of the events
- Take responsibility for wet stock control, including ordering in good time, acceptance, maintenance of stock levels and stock rotation and the return of wet stock as necessary
- Control of all pre-ordered stock and ensuring that the stock is available on the various bars
- Maintain back of house and cellars to a high standard
- Record wastage and breakages in all bars
- Devising weekly rotas
- Conduct staff briefings at the beginning of shifts
- Ensure excellent service, support the bar supervisors throughout the shift to maintain speed of service and cleanliness of bars.
- Responsible for training of the bar staff to provide the highest level of customer service
- Ensure staff meet the standards of the venue, addressing and correcting bad practice where need be.
- Ensure breaks are organised in accordance with the working time directive and fluctuations in the volume of business
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external customers.
- Dealing with on the spot disputes in an appropriate manner
- Handling guest feedback with confidence to communicate to senior management.
- Ensure cash handling procedures are adhered to and strictly monitored, including preparation and calculation of beverage bills within all departments and cashing up of tills
- Ensure security is maintained and events are staffed appropriately and in accordance with licensing laws and racecourse Security Procedures
- Provide reports to and liaise regularly with the Commercial Manager regarding departmental performance and ensure they are informed of any relevant information or issues.
- Liaise with the Conference & Catering manager regarding handovers and organisation of functions
- Perform a duty manager role while on shift when required, taking sole duty management responsibilities for the site and dealing with any issues that may arise during the shift.
- Personal License advantageous
- Must have previous experience in bar management
- Experience running high end hospitality
- Extensive wine knowledge for a high volume branded bar
- Experience in stock management
- Good IT skills and understanding of various till systems
- High standards of bar management
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding attention to detail, encouraging a culture of high standards throughout the team
- Good time management and ability to prioritise effectively
- Experience in managing people
- Able to delegate effectively
- Ability to deliver a warm and charming management style which will engage your guests and your team
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to multitask
- Flexible/adaptable and calm under pressure
- Personable and friendly disposition
- Full UK driving licence
- Able to work outside normal office hours as required, including some weekends and public holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 / year