An excellent opportunity now exits to join a warm and friendly team as a Commis Chef.
This role offers you the opportunity to demonstrate Cookery skills as part of a three man chef team who feed a growing number of customers. This role will also offer you training with an award winning academy to help develop your skills to help you progress in your job & career.
Summary of Role
As Commis Chef you will prepare and present high quality food in line with Elior UK objectives and client requirements.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As Commis Chef for Elior you will be expected to:
- Ensure food preparation and control meets requirements in respect of COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures.
- Support manager in maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
- Be responsible for maintaining up to date product and menu knowledge, and maintaining a high standard of food preparation and presentation, ensuring portion and quality control.
- Be responsible for collecting and checking deliveries as required and placing them in the appropriate storage areas.
- Be responsible for ensuring high standards of cleanliness of all areas in the kitchen and of equipment.
- Provide support to other members of the kitchen and front of house team as required.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
As Commis Chef we look for the following:
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintains a professional image at all times.
- Adaptable, whilst able to conform strictly to Elior UK procedures.
- Methodical, thorough with persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
- Adaptable, able to maintain the highest quality of service whilst working within standard operating procedures and rules.
- Able to advise others in a specialist area of expertise.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
Core Values and Behaviours
Because we believe that the whole eXperience matters as a Commis Chef / Trainee Chef / Cook for Elior we look for:
- Employee Recognition: recognise and value the contribution of others.
- Loyalty to our client/customer satisfaction: warm, friendly and genuine with ability to build trust and loyalty.
- Innovation: actively seek to improve ways of working and offer suggestions.
- Operational Excellence: committed to achieving results through demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
- Responsibility: takes personal responsibility to ensure all Elior ways of working are adhered to.
Salary & Benefits
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
37.5h per week full time (Monday - Friday)