A great opportunity to join our Recruitment Team on a 6 month fixed term basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting based at Whiston Hospital, Prescot, Merseyside. Responsible for the administrative duties in the recruitment office and ensuring all recruitment processes are handled in a prompt and quality orientated manner. This role will suit a passionate and focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Package description
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our Apprenticeship program.
We are looking for an individual to work 24 hours per week between the hours of 09:00am - 17:00pm, Monday to Friday. This will initially be on a 6 months fixed term contract, for the right candidate it could lead to being permanent.Main responsibilities
You will be responsible for all administrative tasks during our new starters Pre-employment, such as:
- Applying for and verifying DBS checks in accordance with the current guidelines.
- Ensuring all new starters have the correct Right to Work documents in accordance with the current guidelines.
- Obtaining 2 satisfactory references before commencement of employment.
- Liaising with the Occupational Health department to arrange Occupational Health pre-employment appointments.
- Assisting the Recruitment Officer with recruitment paperwork, recruitment activities and with any other reasonable requests.
- Creating and auditing new starter personnel files, general filing and photocopying.
- Updating and Collating information using a variety of Microsoft packages such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- To ensure that current and potential employees are offered the same opportunity regardless of sex, race, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who enjoys working to deadlines and has good attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have a confident approach to their work and have excellent communication skills.
- Must be computer literate and numerate.
- Have a good command of the English language and be able to liaise with on-site management teams.
- Must have a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous recruitment or administration experience is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
The role is also subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check, costs are met by the employer.About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.