We are currently looking for Sandwich/Larder Chef to join our Team.Main responsibilities
- Preparing fresh filling for sandwiches
- Prepares sandwiches to great standards
- Get daily Specials from Chef – learn how to make/process daily items
- Ensure that all items in stations are fit for consumption
- Daily and Weekly Cleaning tasks
- Monitor temperature of fridges and freezers
- Sauces and dressings
- Cooking food
- Salads prep - Ensure that lettuce for salads made in advance stay fresh
- Preparing food for production on daily bases
- Slices cold meats and cheese by hand or machine.
- Prepares garnishes for sandwiches, such as sliced tomatoes and pickles.
- May cook, mix, and season ingredients to make dressings, fillings, and spreads.
- Ensure that proper stock take is handling on weekly bases
- Ensure that lettuce for sandwiches is fresh
- Ensure that special orders are followed, especially regarding allergies
- Make sure that all paper work is done on daily bases
- Ensure that gastro trays are adequately clean for sandwiches
- Abilities to Working with the team of 10 – following order of shift leader
- A sandwich chef, who is competent, self-motivated and can work with high volume.
- A well organised chef who can be trusted to run a busy section with team member and flow orders
- Honest and trustworthy chef who always gives 110%.
- Provided excellent customer service
- Preparing and maintaining food at proper temperatures.
Chartwells Independents, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. You will be part of a team that supports high quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and school staff.
Whether it be producing great food for pupils and staff or being involved in creating great hospitality events our teams have a passion for preparing food using fresh quality ingredients. Our belief is that it all starts with great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really enjoy.
Follow us on Twitter @ChartwellsInd