A fantastic opportunity has arisen in Rochdale for a HR Officer, within a rapidly amplifying company who specialise in providing professional interpreting and translation services across the UK, covering both public and private sectors.
The Role of HR Officer
Our client is looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic team player to join their HR department. If you enjoy helping others and working with a variety of people in an innovative and fast-moving environment, then this could be the perfect role for you.
As an HR officer you will oversee policies that will enable everyone within the organisation to work as effectively as possible. You will help ensure that we employ the correct balance of staff in terms of skills and experience, and that everyone within the company receives the right training and development opportunities.
In return for your dedication, our client will nurture your career, providing you with full training and enabling your continuous professional development.
Your Key Responsibilities as HR Officer
• Staff recruitment, including developing planning strategies, producing job descriptions and adverts, checking application forms, and shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates
• Developing HR policies and procedures in line with employment law
• Promoting staff training and development
• Handling complaints and disciplinary procedures
• Working with managers in all departments to help them implement company policies and improve employees' experiences of the workplace
• Maintaining the corporate culture, mission, vision and values of the company
• Ensuring that employees receive the correct pay and benefits
• Handling pay and conditions negotiations with staff and their representatives
• Arranging employee services such as welfare and counselling
• Promoting a culture of equality and diversity
• Ensuring health and safety policies are properly enacted
• Advising on redundancy and employment law
• Administering payroll and maintaining employee records
• Recording and analysing confidential information
• Producing employee handbooks
• Planning and delivering training, including new staff induction
• Undertaking regular salary reviews
Required Qualifications for the role of HR Officer
• HND, degree or postgraduate qualification in one of the following:
o HR management
o Business with languages
o Business or management
o Social administration
• A Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) qualification Level 5 or 7.
Qualities, Skills & Attributes required as HR Officer
• An enthusiastic, motivated and forward-thinking approach to work
• A proven track record of 'making a difference' & managing 'change'
• A talent for communication, team work and building trust
• The ability to foster strong relationships with key stakeholders
• An enthusiasm for learning and improving skills
• Business awareness and management capabilities
• An ability to organise, interpret and communicate statistical data
• Excellent IT literacy, especially for managing and operating computerised payroll and benefits systems
• A talent for analysing and explaining employment law
• Curiosity and a willingness to challenge organisational culture where necessary
• The potential to grow in to a leadership role
For the position of HR Officer there is a salary on offer of £20,000 to £23,000 per annum, negotiable depending on experience plus a host of excellent benefits.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients' business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.